I have always enjoyed making quilts. One of my favorite types of quilts to make is appliqués which is adding a cut out into the piece of fabric. So guess what? I had to recreate it in paper!!!!
5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ Pool Party Card Stock scored in half and burnished
4 1/8″ x 4 1/8″ Whisper White Thick Cardstock (binding)
4″ x 4″ Calyspso Coral Cardstock
Scraps of Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper
Cat Punch (#144666)
Quilt Top Textured Embossing Folder (#144687)
1. Cut paper to size. The photo below is to help those with the 4 1/8″ square because those 1/8″ can be tricky to measure.
2. Using scraps of your Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper punch out two cats. I used the fun tranquil tide and pool party dot paper but you could use any of the scraps from
the pack. If you wanted your cats to be facing different directions just flip the paper over and punch out the cat. I wanted mine to match for this quick card.
3. I used fast fuse and adhered my cat punches onto the 4″ square of Calypso Coral card stock. I placed them diagonal from each other.
4. Next I made my big shot sandwich bundle and placed my quilt top square into the embossing folder. I wanted the quilt to have the look that the stitching was quitting the quilt therefore I had the sizzlex side of the embossing folder against the back side of my top. Making sure to try and line up the best I could across the design.
5. The next step after quilting a quilt, or in this case a quilt card, is to add the binding. This is the edging to finish off a lovely quilt top. I choose whisper white thick Card Stock and adhered using my fast fuse adhesive to place the top onto the piece of binding card stock.
6. Finally to finish off the card I adhered my paper quilt onto my card base. I added mine to the center so I could add a greeting on the inside for the person I’m sending it to or you could use it as a notecard and write a personal message. If you would like you can also move the quilt up and place a stamped image below the quilt. The possibilities are endless.
Don’t forget that this month Stampin’ Up! has some great ways to save. Check out my website for
I hope you had as much fun as I did making this quick card for that friend in your life.
Happy Sipping and Stamping